Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fallen Gamers.

Usually, I'll post every 2-3 days, but WoW Insider had a post today which caught my attention. You can view it here first before reading on.

Whenever we know someone who has past away, it's very difficult to understand how we feel or what we should do. I too have lost a fellow gamer a very long time ago. She was killed by a drunk driver. The close group of us all came to Connecticut to the wake. It was bitter-sweet because she brought us all together for the first time even though it was somber event...

A suggestion I had was to place a memorial in Stormwind City and Orgrimmar. Make it a book, a stone slab, or a special room devoted to our fallen gamers. Put their character name, real name (if given permission), favorite zone, DoB/DoD, and maybe a little phrase they used to say or quote.

This may sound harsh but I don't think they should be putting in NPCs for our fallen gamers. There's 9 million players out there, maybe 50 of them pass away each year. It may not sound like much but that is a lot of NPCs to create...

This is why I believe that a memorial is a better idea. We don't make statues for every fallen soldier. We put their name on a wall and that, in my eyes, is honorable. Please Blizzard, I really want to see this memorial.

0 comments: